Outlook – To get started with your outlook afresh you should reset it first. Throughout the years, you may have implemented so many custom settings in your Microsoft Outlook that you may find difficult to reverse so easily. Because of the negligence of technical knowledge on how to reset Outlook back to its normal state – factory default settings, you will need technical assistance of experts to get the job done. The custom settings you have made will possibly interrupt your work productivity or even make your Outlook collapse.
Read More: Office.com/setup
If this is the first time you need help on how to reset Outlook without losing your email data, then you’ve come to the right place.
Follow the given instructions to reset outlook in Windows Operating system
- Close your Microsoft Outlook and go to the “Start Menu” to open “Control Panel” on your Windows desktop.
- In Windows 7, take your cursor to the “Start Menu” at the bottom-left of your screen and then click “Control Panel”.
- In Windows 8, swipe the cursor to the very right edge of your screen, Press “Settings” tab and then, go to “Control Panel”.
- Once you make your way into the Control Panel Wizard
- Click the “View By” button at the top right corner and select “Small Icons” option from the drop-down list.
- In the following step, click on “Mail” button located in the Control Panel shield
- Mail setup dialog box will pop up on your screen, press “Show the “Profile” tab in the profiles section
- Now, click the “Add” button in the mailbox to add a new account
- In the New Profile dialog box, type a name for a new profile in the “Profile Name” field, and then press “OK”.
- Enter the username and password of your account and click “next”. It is the same login information that you use to connect to your mail server.
- Now, Close the “Add” profile dialog box by clicking the “Cancel” button, and then click “OK” to save your new profile.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Mail dialog box, click the option that says, “Always use this profile” and select the New Profile. This ensures Outlook to open to the new, blank profile.
- Now, Exit the “Control Panel” Wizard.
- Your new settings are now saved. The next time you open Microsoft Outlook, you’ll find a fresh start.
If you find issues while performing the above steps, please contact Microsoft customer care services for technical assistance in the matter.